Radio Times: Jack gets a change of scene.Characters: Clarrie, Ed, Eddie, Jack, Jennifer, Peggy
- It’s Jack’s first day at the Day Centre and he is not at all sure about it but Peggy assures him that he will enjoy the chance to chat.
- Ed is dashing into Borchester before milking to get a present for George – but he is short of ideas.
- While Jack is away, Peggy is enjoying cutting back some of her shrubs with Jennifer. They are all going to the Cathedral for the Maundy Thursday service, followed by lunch – Peggy’s treat. Jennifer expresses her misgivings about the direction in which Brian is moving the farm.
- Eddie is rehearsing his town crier performance because he has heard Derek Fletcher at it – very loud but uninteresting.
- By all accounts Jack had the time of his life, telling stories and singing songs, although he cannot remember anything about it.
- Clarrie is delighted with the present Ed has bought for George; it must have cost a fortune. She tries hard to get Ed to agree to give it to George himself when William brings him for tea on Sunday but Ed is adamant: he just can’t do it.