Radio Times: Family ties are tested for Susan.Characters: Alistair, Caroline, Clive, Daniel, Oliver, Pip, Ruth, Shula, Susan
- On ‘Seed Gathering Sunday’ the Country Park is invaded by conker gathering Archer families trying to forget their current troubles. Shula is not being too successful at retrieving livery customers, a new vet’s practice in Hollerton is poaching Alistair’s clients and Ruth reveals that a rather-down-David’s badger wasn’t a TB carrier …
- Caroline and Oliver are out for a ride. Susan drives past and they rationalise her lack of sociability towards them. They are pleased to see that plenty of pro-hunt posters are in evidence.
- Back at the Stables, Shula’s frustrations come to a head. She has a go at Alistair for not worming the Stables ponies on schedule. He tetchily tries to apologise by reminding her that he has troubles too, you know, and Daniel’s intervention with a conker challenge brings them back to rational reality, sealed with a kiss!
- Susan is trying, yet again, to empathise with Clive. He is as unimpressed and sarcastic as ever.
- Ruth calls on Oliver and Caroline to invite them to their beef tasting in the Bull next week. They accept with pleasure – luckily it doesn’t clash with the hunt meeting the next day.
- A new DIY store is opening soon, Susan tells Clive. Getting a job could keep him out of prison. But Clive tells her that what he did was worth it – he doesn’t want any of other people’s caring. Susan at last realises family means nothing to Clive. She bids him goodbye.