Radio Times: Mike wants a refund.Characters: Clarrie, Eddie, Jennifer, Lynda, Mike, Pat, Tony
- Lynda’s delivering a revised Panto script for Alice (and sympathies to Jennifer) and Eddie’s dropping off a turkey – although his bill seems a little steep compared to last year …
- A few post-work drinks for the dairy workers and Pat gives Clarrie her bonus, a larger than usual thank you for the year which they might not have got through without her.
- Apparently Sid was in hot water with Kathy last night and his excuse that he was Christmas shopping should yield a great gift if she’s to forgive!
- Eddie’s at the panto rehearsal when collared by Mike over the quality of his apple brandy, or lethal poisonous rot gut as Mike would have it. The threat of the law gets a partial refund when Tony mentions the turkeys …
- Pat catches Jennifer for a quick word and Jennifer assumes that she’ll gloat – but she doesn’t. She knows only too well that sometimes getting away for a while is the only way and, far from feeling vindicated about their respectived children’s problems, she’s concerned for her – and for Kate.
Scriptwriter: Simon Frith