Radio Times: Planting for the futureCharacters: Hayley, Helen, Jennifer, Jill, Kathy, Pat, Phil, Sid
- Helen’s already preparing for her forthcoming six months work placement in Zimbabwe, but while she’s more concerned about binoculars and cameras with long lens, Pat suggests she think about her jabs – but she’s loving her enthusiasm.
- There’s a good crowd at the tree-planting for the millennium wood. Sid and Kathy are there with Jamie (and are putting on soup for the workers). Phil and Jill have brought Daniel, too. It’s only a shame that the ground is so hard, which doesn’t help the cause.
- Daniel wanders off, but is eventually found, although his grandparents were distinctly worried for a moment.
- The woodland trust volunteer, Patrick, is causing a few lustful glances from some of the ladies present – even Debbie has taken the trouble to disturb her pre-lambing restful afternoon!
- Helen and Hayley are discussing Hayley’s continued presence in the village, at least Helen is bringing it up and Hayley doesn’t seem to notice a certain unpleasant subtext in the phrasing.
- Apparently last night’s panto rehearsal went well with Phil’s playing, but it’s still not completely ok, a situation made worse by Higgs phoning in sick – he may not be right for tomorrow’s first night!
Scriptwriter: Louise Page