Radio Times: Will resorts to drastic measures.Characters: Alan, Amy, David, Elizabeth, Neil, Nigel, Usha, William
- William is grabbing some lunch before going to pick up George. He’s certainly seen a change in Emma since the last time. William is clearly suspicious about what their plans are.
- Alan is already postponing meeting Usha because Amy will be home. Usha thinks it’s silly the way he is trying to avoid Amy finding out. She tries to convince him not to make such a big thing about it – just let her notice instead. Usha has offered to help Lynda with the props for the play. Now that Usha is getting involved, Alan wonders if he had been too hasty in saying he wouldn’t be a part of it.
- Amy clearly already has her suspicions about Alan and Usha but Alan doesn’t seem to pick up on it.
- Nigel has been to see Eunice. She was lovely and even recognised Nigel. He looked so like his father. It turns out that Julia had turned down a part in a Hollywood film to marry Nigel’s father – she said she didn’t need her Hollywood dreams anymore. Eunice had a picture of Nigel when he was very little. Nigel had wondered if Julia always thought he was worth it but when she went to the theatre with him, she told Eunice she had never been so happy in her life. He was going to miss her so much.
- Will gets Neil to let him into the caravan on the pretence of needing a blanket for George. He finds George’s passport and the information about the job in France. He realises he was right to think that they were planning to take George away, but he’s going nowhere!!